Finally, the day has arrived when you get the possession letter of your flat. The elation of leaving a rental flat and to be the owner of a new flat in future unleashes a surge of avidness. The joyous mood and the excitement in your heart know no bound. Wasting no time further, you are set to pen down the to-do list. From very essential things to the least important things have made its place on the paper. With each passing day, your shifting work grows double-quick.
The hustle-bustle schedule makes you skip some imperative tasks need to be followed in the first place. Check your to-do list and run through your eyes on all the points you have jotted down. Have you notified your new address to the official services? At the time of shifting process when your mind is occupied with several other stuff, you slip your mind to recall the prime task of notifying your address to the service providers.
Imagine yourself where you are expecting a courier from your relative and you do not get after moving in your new apartment or your child’s birthday gift does not get delivered on his birthday. You must be guessing that the delivery object is either lost or has misplaced. Put a halt to your guesses and keep yourself away from the woes of why things are not getting posted to you. The first point in your must-have list when shifting your place should be of ‘address change’. Keep reading this article to know more on updating your address to the official agencies.
- Inform The Address Change In The Post Office: As your moving date gets confirmed, head on to the local post office and inform them about your prospective address. To get your expected mails in time, you must report your new address to the post office by filling up a form of address change at USPS known as post office change of address form. Having completed the procedure, you can be rest assured of getting posted your official and personal mails at your changed address without delay. By entering the required details asked in the form, you can prevent yourself from delivery hassles. No matter how occupied you are, keep a reminder of mentioning your new residential address to the local post office.
- Address Change Through Online: Reap the benefits of instant services of technology. One such is the ever-increasing popularity of online service. If you are running short of time to drop by at the post office, browse through internet and log in to the desired online services, and get the work done at home. Fill the particulars online and avail the quick advantages of changing the address form using postal online service.
- Cut Off Your Present Utilities: Before you make plans to move, bear in mind to cut off the utilities at your current residence you have been receiving so far. To disconnect the present utility services, you need few days to get the procedure completed. Schedule this task beforehand.
- Utility Re-Connection At Your New Residence: Utilities such as electricity, gas, cable TV connection, telephone bills should be put up at your new residence before you move in. It is advisable to get the procedures completed before time to get the utilities re-connected to your future abode.
- Fill In The New Address To Creditors: To get your credit score unaffected, get your address changed to the loan companies. The process can be carried out through a phone call, online, or visiting the creditor in person.
- Contact Government Organizations: For driver’s license change of address contact DMV, banks, income tax, insurance and others, give the updating of new address to the authorized agencies for the official transactions.
Have a pleasurable stay.